OMEGA-CLEAR ® Polyester Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) sheet is a transparent and extruded co-polyester that contains glycol.
PETG has many applications and is extremely ease to manipulate and form even at low temperatures. It is a new generation material which exhibits excellent optical clarity combined with impact strength second only to Polycarbonate.
OMEGA-CLEAR ® can be extruded by itself or compounded with additives in order to provide tinted, translucent or opaque products. When extruded into sheet and file, OMEGA-CLEAR ® can be produced with a variety of surface finishes from a low lustre matte to a coarse lenticular pattern. It can also be co-extruded with similar or compatible copolymers.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-CLEAR ® PETG sheet
- Excellent toughness, combined with clarity
- Very low processing time due to rapid take on and give off of heat
- Very high chemical resistance
- UL-94 , V-2 flammability rating
- Easy to work with – can be bent, glued, welded and thermoformed
- Suitable for food use
- Excellent resistance against impacts
- Can be sterilized by radiation without discolouration
- High resistance to chemical attack
- Excellent transparency
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-CLEAR ® PETG sheet
- Only readily available in sheet up to 4.5mm thick
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-CLEAR ® PETG sheet
- Shopfittings & Displays
- Architectural glazing
- Outdoor signage
- Baking, confectionary and other food industries
- Electronic component packaging
- Graphic arts
- Blister packaging;
- Medical packaging
OPTIONS TO COMPARE WITH OMEGA-CLEAR ® PETG SHEET
- OMEGA-GLAS ® – PMMA acrylic – far less robust, but more readily available in different configurations.
- OMEGA-GARD ® – Polycarbonate – more impact resistant but scratches easier & harder to work with.
POLYESTER TEREPHTHALATE GLYCOL MODIFIED (PETG) APPLICATIONS BRAND NAMES
Sheets: 3050 x 2050mm, 2440mm x 1220mm,
Thicknesses: 0.5mm, 0.75mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4.5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program