Mechanically superior to HDPE, OMEGA-FLEX ® Plasticized PVC is commonly used for components in the chemical industry where overall strength coupled with a good resistance to alkalis and acids is necessary.
Flexible (plasticized) PVC is a vinyl which has been heavily plasticized and is used to produce tubing, liners, film, packaging, wire and cable insulation jackets and many other products which require flexibility and resistance to tear, puncture and abrasion.
As with rigid PVC, flexible PVC can be formulated with additives to achieve desirable physical characteristics for specific applications and can be easily fabricated to achieve many functions.
OMEGA-FLEX ® Plasticized PVC offers a good balance of thermal, chemical and electrical properties with moderate strength. It possesses a good strength to weight ratio. Because it has such a hard, high gloss surface, polypropylene is ideally suited to environments where there is a concern for bacteria build up that can interfere with flow.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-FLEX ® PLASTICISED PVC
- Higher scratch resistance than HDPE
- Low specific gravity
- Excellent impact resistance
- Easy machinability on mechanical tools and can be welded
- Good stability to temperature
- Excellent moisture resistance
- Food safe
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-FLEX ® PLASTICISED PVC
- Compared to engineering plastics it has low thermal and mechanical properties
- More rigid and less shock resistant than HDPE
RELATED PRODUCTS OF OMEGA-FLEX ® PLASTICISED PVC
- OMEGA-PRO ® – ELS improved electrical conductivity
- OMEGA-PRO ® – 30GF glass reinforced version giving improved dimensional stability
- OMEGA-PRO ® – 30 PET-F PET fibre reinforced given more stiffness and impact resistance
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-FLEX ® PLASTICISED PVC
- Pipe and fittings for acid and base systems
- Chemical storage vessels
- Fume cupboards and extraction systems
- Food machinery equipment
- Electrical insulators
- Plating and acid tanks
- Laboratory and chemical process equipment
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program